Kingfisher Quay Minutes – Friday 25 February 2011

February 25, 2011 | By | 1 Reply More

Kingfisher Quay Residents Association Meeting  – Friday 25 February 2011

20.00 – 57 Lower Saltram

Present:
Jackie A, 65 LS
Wendy, 57 LS
Mike, 20 KW
Shelley, 44 KW
Brian, 23 KW
Jean, 59 LS
Heather, 91 LS
Apologies:
Jacqui M, 18 KW
Fiona & Chris, 44 LS

In order to organise the minutes, items are reported by grouping and not necessarily in the order they arose.

 

1. MINUTES FROM THE PREVIOUS MEETING
Minutes from the previous meeting were agreed.  Actions arising from the last meeting were as follows: 

  1. Invitation to Mike re HooeLake website: deferred for this meeting to allow focus on issues to be raised with Gary Streeter
  2. Invitation to BBC Watchdog:  e-mail sent 27 Jan, awaiting response.
  3. Check on status of any ‘Bond’ held by the council over Wain homes for the completion of obligations with Kingfisher Quays.
  4. Discuss issues arising with Gary Streeter with a view to identifying leverage which can be placed upon Wain homes re completion of estate
  5. Circulation of the appropriate paragraph from TP1 documentation to residents by e-mail such that Residents may consider quotation in their response to retrospective billing.
  6. Individual letters of response to retrospective billing.
  7. Check on the status of the Quarry with respect to ownership/planning/building.
  8. Review of council records to check for builder’s compliance over provision of parking space.
Mike Leaves 

Shelley

Mike Leaves

2. FEEDBACK FROM COFFEE MORNING WITH HOOELAKE.ORG
The creators of hooelake.org are happy to help the residents association with anything they can.  Residents should visit www.hooelake.org to access minutes from the residents and directors meetings. All newsletters will also be published on the website.  The website is also very good for local information.  They are currently looking at organising a study session  about Hooe Lake.
3. DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
All minutes from the directors meeting will be published. Any matters arising should go directly to Joanna Seldon. The directors from the estate can be contacted on kingfisherquay@hotmail.co.uk.
4. RESULTS OF DOG SURVEY
A survey of the number of dogs, walkers and cyclists was carried out at the entrance to Radford Park by the castle. Jackie A has produced a graph to present the results. Jackie would like to write on behalf of the residents association to request duel bins at the entrance to the park – this was agreed at the meeting. 

Residents discussed the idea of having distance markers indicating how far the bins are. To be designed by children in the local primary school.

Actions arising from agenda item:
Jackie to contact the council re: duel bins
5. EMAIL FROM MIKE LEAVES
Mike Leaves is meeting with the Highways Agency to look at our concerns.  The residents association are not happy with this response so a meeting has been booked with Gary Streeter.
6. UPDATE WITH GARY STREETER
The directors are due to have a meeting with Gary Streeter. The residents association discussed what issues they would like to be raised.  Issues as detailed below; 

  1. Parking. AMEY said that there are 1.5 spaces per household on the estate. The residents would like a parking consultation to verify this. Areas where extra parking could be provided were discussed – land opposite the Masonic lodge next to Chris and Fiona’s and the land opposite the flats (93, 91, 89, 87). Currently there are only 4 visitor parking spaces for the whole estate and there is no disabled or safe mother with children parking. Residents association would also like a parking consultation to review where residents are currently parking – as many areas of the estate are difficult to drive through due to restricted visibility due to parked cars (entrance into Lower Saltram, access in Quay Road and the corners of the estate). There are vehicles that park on the pavement – leading to poor access for pedestrians. There are also concerns over access for emergency services vehicles. Wendy to contact fire department to re-assure residents that should there be a fire they would have full access to the estate. There have also been caravans and vans parked down by the lake.
  2. Residents are also concerned about the speed of the cars driving through the estate – especially when visibility is reduced by parked cars.
  3. The land where the sales office used to be. Directors have a copy of a letter (Ref: IKBUJD03559) sent by Wainhomes in April 2010 to Phil Reynolds (number 93 LS) regarding this land. What is the plan for this area?
  4. What are the future plans for the quarry?
  5. Residents would like a life saving device to be placed by the tidal part of the lake.
  6. Residents would like the promised bollards to be put in place on the estate – at the top and the bottom of the steps.

Actions arising from agenda item:

  1. Wendy to contact Fire department re: access in the estate
These items to be discussed with GARY Streeter on Friday 4th March
Jackie and Fiona
7. TMS AND ACCOUNTS BEING SENT TO RESIDENTS
It was agreed with Joanna Seldon at the directors meeting that any bills before 2008 are being put on hold – however three residents received bills after this was agreed.
8. COPY OF SHELLEY’S LETTER TO TMS
Shelley has written a letter to TMS about the charges being imposed.  Shelley has sent this letter to TMS and if no response is given, the letter will be re-sent and also sent to Wainhomes.  Shelley to also send a copy of the letter to the director’s email address to be discussed in directors meeting. A copy should also be sent to Companies House, Gary Streeter, NORA and to be uploaded onto the Hooe Lake website. 

Actions arising from agenda item:

  1. Shelley to send a copy of the letter to kingfisherquay@hotmail.co.uk
  2. Directors to send a copy of the letter to Companies House and Gary Streeter
  3. Mike to send a copy of the letter to NORA
  4. A copy of the letter to be uploaded onto Hooe Lake website.
9. CHAMPION GROUNDWORKS – UPDATE
Champion workers are back on the estate to fix the drains. Two drains are being completely rebuilt and three are being repaired.
10. DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be held on Friday 8 April. Location of meeting to be confirmed.
11. AOB
Concern has been raised from a resident over the condition of the flats on the entrance to Kingfisher Way. Resident to be advised to forward their concerns to Joanna Seldon.
20.00 – 57 Lower Saltram

Tags: ,

Category: Local Group News

About the Author ()

Comments (1)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. Kathy says:

    With regard to poo bins in Radford Park, ideally they need to be situated about 50-100 yds in. Dogs need to be running around for a few minutes before they ‘do their stuff’ 🙂

Leave a Reply

Bitnami